RE: Q: Adding another wizard class.

At 06:56 AM 10/14/96 PDT, Adams, Charles wrote:
>>The moo My co-admin and I were on before (as wizards) had a constant war
>>going on.  There were a few wizards who thought it fun to harass others,
>>wizards as well as players.  As wizards, he and I were plenty able to
>
>Stop.  Go no further.  There are no programmatic solutions.  @toad and
>@redlist the offenders, and go over every single object in the MOO with a
>fine-tooth comb to check for backdoors.

All this is true, of course, but I'd still like to hear suggestions for
sub-wizard classes.  Perhaps the ability to @boot, to read all code, and
maybe to change property permissions.  I want to remain the only
Archwizard/God on my MOO, but I'd like to give others the ability to muck
(within limits) with others' objects.

It'd be nice to have a few demigods around who could handle emergencies, and
if only code that *needs* to be wizardly *is* wizardly, they can handle a
lot of emergencies (well, rampant tracebacks) and edits without editing
wizardly code.

-Quinn
-http://www.bga.com/~quinn/