Re: Minimal.DB

    >> So I was once again hacking minimal.db, and I notice that I'm
    >> always starting with the same steps.  Why doesn't minimal.db
    >> consist of a single object, #0, which is a player and a
    >> programmer and a wizard, with a :do_login_command verb which
    >> returns #0?  I don't see any reason for minimal.db to contain a
    >> room or root parents at all.
    >>
    Pascal> The question is, "What is truly minimal?"  Some might
    Pascal> argue that LambdaCore is minimal.  Others posit that
    Pascal> ZenMOO (http://www.zennet.com/) is minimal, but which
    Pascal> version, since there are two?  Don't get me wrong, I agree
    Pascal> with you, but perhaps the core could be released with
    Pascal> several different "minimal" cores.  Shall we say that a
    Pascal> core under 1K is minimal?  Then, we could have in the
    Pascal> distribution:

    Pascal> minimal.db(old) sort_of_minimal.db mostly_minimal.db
    Pascal> the_latest_in_minimal_dbs.db

I think the concept here was minimal in the mathematical sense of
operators.  Such a minimal.db would have the smallest possible number
of objects, and those objects would be as simple as possible, such
that a virtual world with evolvable dynamic behaviour could be
developed from that minimal.db without recourse to "external" means.

--
-----------  "...  And the men went up and viewed Ai."  [Jos 7:2]  -----------
Robert Jay Brown III  rj@eli.wariat.org  http://eli.wariat.org  1 708 705-0370