Where'd MOO come from?

I was recently corresponding with a someone, and somehow we got started
on the topic of MOO's.  The conversation evolved into this:

> > I was under the impression that the MOO server was built by Pavel Curtis
>
> yeah, that's what everyone thinks.  kind of a pet peeve of mine.  in 2nd year
> i designed the language (before i learned C++, which explains some of the
> weird syntax.. kind of a mishmash of C, Ada and SmallTalk), coded up the beta
> version, and put it out on the net.  pavel grabbed it and extended it.
> if you look at the source, though, you'll see my name.

Now if this guy was just some yahoo then I wouldn't give it a second
thought, but he's the kind of guy who just might have done something like
this.
Anyone care to shed any illumination on this?

Tosh
--