Re: DANGER VIRUS ALERT (fwd)

I can't beleive the incompetence of you people that fall for that crap.
One of thse days, when you find some spare time, do a net search for
'urban legends' or 'im a gullable fool'.  This is another re-incarnation
of 'good times', a hoax that really peopled alot of fools...er fooled
alot of people.

THIS letter is your virus, its being spread by fools like you, and
plaguing people who know better.  It isnt any more possible to affect
data on your machine by reading a TEXT file, than it is to correctly
view the web with MSIE.

The second attempt at 'goodtimes' added the *capability* to execute code,
just by loading the mail into your ascii buffer..gimme a break.

The only way the virus would work, is if your mail client thought it was
supposed to execute whatever it finds in the message (which would be a
REALLY stupid idea) which it doesnt.  Now if someone sent you a mail with
the subject deeyenda (or whatever), AND had a new version of
netscape-mail, MSIE-mail, pine, eudora, or whatever, AND you downloaded
it, ran the installation program, THEN read the mail again, you might worry.