Composition area

Greetings,

Awhile back I was visiting different MOO sites and found a site that allowed
you to set an input mode where what the user was typing would not be
interupted by the noise in the room.  I thought this must have been a common
feature so I did not pay more attention to it.  Now on our educational MOO,
the main complaint we have is that comments being composed by one user are
constantly being interupted by other users comments.

How can we set up the MOO so that when a user starts a comment or command,
other traffic will not interrupt their typing?  Any and all help is always
appreciated.

Chuck Mize