Re: Composition area

> Greetings,
>
> Awhile back I was visiting different MOO sites and found a site that allowed
> you to set an input mode where what the user was typing would not be
> interupted by the noise in the room.  I thought this must have been a common
> feature so I did not pay more attention to it.  Now on our educational MOO,
> the main complaint we have is that comments being composed by one user are
> constantly being interupted by other users comments.
>
> How can we set up the MOO so that when a user starts a comment or command,
> other traffic will not interrupt their typing?  Any and all help is always
> appreciated.

Well, we have developed what you need at BioMOO.  It's called SMOC (Spam
Manager Output Control).  It was developed for those who don't have and
don't want to take the time to get a client. I'll be glad to send a file
containing the necessary code to make it work - just send me an e-mail.

John (aka Watson Crick)
John Towell, Ph.D.               |   "Among the many virtues of text-based |
Post-doc: Informatics            |      Networked Virtual Environments     |
Northern Illinois University     |       is lack of having to take notes." |
                                 |               ... Watson Crick          |
http://131.156.1.191/server/m10ert1/ECCC/johnhome.html